Download the latest newsletter, Forever Young, by clicking on the red text below.
Forever Young March 2019
To save: Right click, Save Target As...' If you are not seeing the latest version, press F5 to refresh the page. If you are having trouble loading the newsletter (loads first page and freezes), please download the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 10 here. Note that it may be necessary to uninstall your older version of Acrobat before this will install.
Still can't read it? Click here for the Help page
- Garden Route Motor Club
- Frost Brothers
- MG Car Club UK
- MG Car Club SA
- MG Car Club Northern Centre
- MG Car Club Cape Town
- MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club
- MG Mail (Committee ONLY)
- MG Tips and Info
The MG Car Club South Cape is affiliated to the South African Motor Clubs Association (SAMCA) and the MG Car Club (UK) Ltd.
2018 Wrap UpWith 2018 almost a thing of the past, the South Cape Centre is now well into its second decade. The club continues to flourish with constant membership numbers and a good turnout of members at events. The regular last-Sunday-of-the-month breakfast runs are especially well attended as are many of our other outings.
Special events to look forward to for the future are:
- The 2019 Cape Centres gathering in May and the tours to and from Cradock for this event. Our centre will be very well represented with 18 MGs and we look forward to a most enjoyable outing. The group will spend nights both en route to and from Cradock and visits to places of interest will be arranged;
- The club’s main exercise to raise funds for charity by managing the pits at the Jaguar Simola Hillclimb;
- Participation both in the organisation of and attendance at the Knysna Motor Show managed by the Garden Route Motor Club and in aid of local charities;
- Our regular monthly outings for picnics or to restaurants with the occasional addition of a treasure hunt or driving test, and the end of the month breakfast run;
- For the T-Type owners, the excitement and enjoyment of the annual T- Type Tour;
- The 2020 National Indaba organised by the Cape Town centre and held right on our doorstep in Oudtshoorn. This is bound to be a most enjoyable gathering and a large attendance of South Cape members is anticipated. For those who have not experienced an Indaba, this is a must!
The MGCC has a very good working relationship with the Garden Route Motor Club and many events are attended by members of both clubs. The cooperation and good will between us will continue to be fostered.
This cannot be recorded without mention of the drastic Knysna fires of 7th June 2017 when eleven MGs were lost and this will long be remembered. The extensive fires of November 2018 went a long way to rekindle some of the emotions experienced in the previous year but fortunately from our members and their cars’ perspective, was less damaging. The club’s sympathies go out to those who have lost.
2017 Cape Centres Gathering
The Cape Centres gathering planned for 25 to 28 May 2017 is now fully subscribed and entries are closed.
We have a total of 67 MGs booked on the event and planning is well underway to make this a memorable and enjoyable MG gathering.
Meetings have been held with staff at the Wilderness Hotel who are all extremely enthusiastic about our event. The upgrading of rooms in the hotel continues apace and those that have already been completed look really comfortable and modern which bodes well for all of us.
The organising committee is mindful of participants wanting a fun-filled event but also wanting time to themselves to do their own thing. With this in mind, plenty of free time has been allowed. There is a very good Country Market in Sedgefield on Saturday, and you will all find something there that you can’t possibly survive without! Dinners and breakfasts are included in your accommodation package but lunches are for your own account.
Our garden Route is so full of attractions and things to do that you will all be spoiled for choice. As we get nearer to the event, more detail on the time table will be distributed. The organising team is looking forward to hosting you all and giving you a great gathering.